Forging the Physique
Thursday, September 23, 2004
 
Revelation from new pants
I was suppose to start weight-training on Tuesday. Note to operative word suppose. Note to self: 1) coffee when one gets home after work to avoid naps; 2) small meal preferably with minimal protein; and 3) do not turn to the Science Channel.

What's that cliche about paying the piper? Well, it's time to pay.

One of the benefits of getting older is that one's clothing sizes don't change as often compared to adolescence. This was true for me in both my pre and post-fitness days (circa 2000). For the past couple of years I've enjoyed size 34 (length), size 36 (waist) pants.

On Sunday I purchased several new pairs of pants with the above measurements and didn't bother to try them on at the store. Tried on a pair this morning...

Oops! I'm hittin' cardio classes and drinking mass quantities of appetite-surpressing fluids (zero calories, of course) hard over the next few months. I will fit in those fu#@&$% new pairs of pants by year's end, if not earlier!

Then I discovered...the lie!

Clothing's been a bit low this week since I didn't do the full wash last week. I checked the other new pants Wednesday morn and discovered they fitted fine (though a bit snug.) Miffed, I checked the size of the first pair (see above) and it's the same size. So now I know who to blame: it's the clothier's fault!

Still motivated by Tuesday's horrifying discover, I hit the gym that evening. Ugh! Cardio mixed with weights. Dangerous combo*. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!

*What was really interesting was to see many long-time members at the gym, including the aerobic instructor. We seemed to have all simultaneously vanished from the workout scene roughly the same time last year and started again this month. Wow! Very encouraging.


Countdown: three days before blog change....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger