Forging the Physique
Saturday, July 10, 2004
 
New techniques

Read an interesting article on-line recently. Apparently a reader asked why one rarely saw obese Americans of the colonial era. The response: the folks of that time were more physically active (and how!) than modern ones.

The reply also included suggestions on how to be more active. Work in the garden. Paint your house. In brief, be active.

I'm thinking of ways to apply the above advice (safely, of course.) Fortunately, I've started some major household work already. I was doing a lot of physical labor while between jobs as I prepped the house for the workmen to bring in the new furnace and A/C. Five years of accumulated paperwork take time to toss out.

Another possible workout technique is rock climbing. Not the real deal (at the moment), but those faux climbing places. Definitely build up my upper bod.

More immediate workout consideration is swimming. Got a taste of it a couple of months ago when one of my step instructors left. I didn't like her replacement's routine so I started to swim in the gym pool. Without using my legs. I felt the results the next day.

Comments:
test123
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger